Last week was a bit rough for all of us. First, we had an infected umbilical cord, then we had to deal with Kyle not gaining enough weight. We were at the pediatrician 3 times and the emergency room once last week. Not fun for any of us! Our pediatrician was worried that Kyle's umbilical cord wasn't healing properly even after he'd treated it with silver nitrate earlier in the week so he sent us to Cook Children's in Ft. Worth to have the Infectious Diseases doctor take a look at him. Trust me, when a first time mom hears the words 'infectious diseases' she starts to freak out! Thank goodness my wonderful mother in-law was here and went with me to the ER. She helped keep me calm! Luckily, the I.D. doc said his little navel looked good and gave Kyle a clean bill of health. Hooray!
As for Kyle's weight...when we went to the doctor on Tuesday, he should've weighed much closer to 8lbs, but he only weighed 7lb 7 oz. When we did a weight check on Friday, he'd lost an ounce. Again, first time mom freaks out. So now we're supplementing with nasty formula. Hopefully, he's gaining weight appropriately. We think he's getting some chub in his cheeks and legs!
Here are a few pics from the past week!
P.S. Check out the new 'rooster' hair style he has going on in the 5th pic. I had this same look when I was a baby too!
He is adorable!! And you look great! I need to meet him!!
ReplyDelete