Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Big Day!

Today was Kyle's first day of Mother's Day Out (a.k.a. Mommy Sanity Time). We're taking him to Life Church which is one of the only places that accepts kiddos as young as Kyle. He'll be attending Tuesday and Thursday from 9-2.

Matt and I were both very excited to get his 'things' together for the first day. Each day he needs a lunch, milk, a change of clothes, and a nap mat.

I looked into buying a nap mat and all the themes are very...well stupid. I have this thing about not wanting clothing, blankets, nap mats, etc that look like this. Yes, I know Kyle will eventually overrule me and want themes like that, but I'm going to have it my way until then. Plus, the mats I did like were about $75-$100. I'm definitely in the wrong business! So I made one for him. I did a pretty good job if I say so myself. Matt says it's very sophisticated looking. :)

Matt took care of the lunch, of course. He was so into it, that he went to the grocery store at 8am this morning to make sure Kyle had just the right food for lunch. So sweet!

We dropped him off in the classroom and Kyle was so enamored by the new toys and people that he didn't give us a second glance! A little wave or a nod of acknowledgement would've been nice!

So the schedule is play, play, play until about 11 or 11:15, have lunch, then nap until 1pm. Miss Desiree said he gobbled all his lunch like a champ. He had a hard time napping on his mat and he cried for a bit, until she put him in a swing where he eventually fell asleep for about an hour. After nap, it's play, play, play until parents come at 2pm.

I was a little late because I had to pick up Miss B from her school first, so when I walked in Miss Desiree was holding him while he was crying! I was so sad to see that. She handed him over and he just laid his head on my shoulder and cried and cried. Poor thing. She said he was great all day, but once parents started showing up and it got all chaotic he started getting upset.

Bless his heart, he's so exhausted from his new experiences today! I put him down for another nap at 3pm and he's still sawing logs at 5pm!

Here are a few pictures Matt took with his iPhone. Most of them are blurry, but you can get the idea...

Mommy's cramping my style, again!

Later, folks. I'm out.
You're still here?
Bubbles!
Seriously, you can leave now!

No comments:

Post a Comment