Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How to Avoid Naptime

Here's a multiple choice quiz for you. See how well you do!

In what ways does Kyle try to avoid naptime?
a) Continually throw every item out of his crib and then fuss because he doesn't have his cars, books, night night, or blankets within reach.
b) Strip down totally naked and then proceed with choice A.
c) Choices A and B, but don't stop there! Next, proceed to, ahem, "whiz" all over his bed and on to the floor so that when mommy walks over to him she's sure to step in a giant puddle. Then when mommy gets him out of his bed and before she can get his pants back on, run over to his favorite new book and keep spraying. And before mommy can get up from the floor from laughing so hard, run into the hallway and spray out there too!

And that, my friends, is how Kyle tries to avoid naps! (And why we don't have carpet in our home!)

At least he tried to help me clean up the mess!

Kyle has had a busy day already. He's been up since 5:45am, went to Soccer Tots for 45 min to run around like a banshee, and still hasn't taken a nap. I just finished cleaning up (thankfully I had 1 clean crib sheet available!) and I can still hear him making noises. I'm afraid to check in...

1 comment:

  1. I feel you pain here. Maddox has been doing the, take the diaper off and pee thing to avoid sleep for a while now. When he first started it he would poop and take his diaper off and throw it out, fortunately the poop always stayed in the diaper. Now he pees, it is soooo annoying. We also do not have carpet. Too bad we don;t live closer, sounds like our boys are kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete