Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No More Baby

So it seems like Matt and I just blinked and our baby has turned into a BIG BOY! He's got a big personality and an even bigger will, too.

Here's what Kyle has been up to lately:
  • Running, running, running everywhere. There's no point in walking when you can just run!
  • Getting smooches when he hurts himself. When he bumps his head or hurts his finger, he runs up to us holding out the hurt body part so we can smooch it all better. It's super cute, especially when he barely grazes his finger and wants a smooch.
  • Blowing smooches. He just learned how to do this yesterday!
  • Hitting mommy in the face. Fun times! For about 2 weeks, I was able to firmly tell him not to hit me and he'd get all sad and give me a hug to say he was sorry. Well, that's all gone out the door. Now, he just laughs and runs away. He's a stinker. Don't worry, folks, we're working on disciplining him about this.
  • Learning more body parts. He now knows where his feet and toes are. He also knows where other people's belly button is. So if you ask him, "Where's your belly button?" just be aware that he'll likely lift up your shirt and jam his finger in it!
  • He consistently waves 'hi' and 'bye.'
  • Still no words except "Uh oh" but he just jabbers all the time.
  • Temper tantrums are becoming more frequent. It's funny at home, but it won't be funny when he does it in public I'm sure!
  • He can follow simple instructions like, "Bring me Elmo." or "Can you hand mommy the spoon?" or "Put it in the bucket." We usually don't even have to point the object out to him; he almost always knows what we're talking about.
  • He knows he's not supposed to touch the remotes or outlets. So he'll walk up to them, and say, "Ah-ah!" as if I'm telling him not to touch.
Here's a few pictures!


Looking handsome...
I've got my rock and my cheese wrapper. I'm all set!
I'm actually wearing my new hat for more than 30 seconds at a time. Mommy is so happy!
Looking like a little hoodlum in the making with my hat turned backward and my saggy jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment