Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kyle is Three!!

(Kyle's birthday is November 14, so I know I'm waaay late on this post. Such is life these days.)


Kyle is three years old now! Sniff, sniff. Does this mean he's not a toddler anymore? He's gotten so big over the past few weeks; I think he's grown an inch or two and his face just keeps getting more boyish and is losing the baby look. Slow down sweet boy, slow down!

This year he had his first official party with three of his little friends. They all had a good time...this age is so fun to just sit back and observe. They all play in the same room right next to each other, but totally ignore each other.

I think Kyle was a little overwhelmed by all the people and kids in his playroom at first. He wanted Matt to hold him for awhile until he got acclimated to all the commotion. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say  it many more times, but a lot of Kyle's personality really resembles me. Bless him.

 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

So what is our sweet three year old up to these days?

Dear Kyle,
Daddy and I can't believe you're already three years old! You're such a sweet, loving, compassionate little dude and we just can't get enough of your witty personality! You love life and are always happy.  You love daddy, mommy, Beck, Sammy and Lewie like crazy and tell us this everyday.
According to you, sleeping is for people with nothing better to do, because you do not like to sleep! You fight it 'til the bitter end every day! You've pretty much dropped your naps, but you will agree to having some 'relax time' for awhile each day so mommy can get a breather. :)
You run everywhere...apparently walking is just not in your genes. Without question, your favorite toys are your Hot Wheels and your tricycle. If you're not riding your tricycle, then you're playing with your Hot Wheels!
You love to be outside. We can ride bikes, swing, or just play in the leaves; you're happy just being outside!
You have the sweetest personality. You have great manners, you say hi to everyone (even strangers), you love to give hugs and smooches, and you love to snuggle with daddy in the mornings while you drink your chocolate milk.
You're in a great preschool and are learning so much. Even though you say you don't want to go to school sometimes, every time I pick you up you tell me, "I had fun today mommy!"
You always remind us to say the blessing at dinner and our favorite thing is to hear your say it! We love to hear what's on your heart.
You're such a smart little guy. You can count to 60, write your name, draw recognizable pictures, count to 10 in Spanish, say your colors in Spanish, can get dressed all by yourself, have started using cups without lids, and you've recently decided that you don't want to wear diapers anymore.

Kyle, mommy and daddy love you SO MUCH. We thank God everyday for blessing our lives with you! Have a wonderful third year, sweet boy!


Happy Third Birthday!

Sharing my toys

Let's eat cake!

Yum!

How does this pinata work? (I blurred his friends faces b/c I wasn't sure if their mommies wanted their faces on the 'net.)

Got my cup ready for the candy to come out!

Get as much as we can!

Filling up my cup!

Time for presents

I'm three!

Mommy and daddy got me a cool dude big wheel. I'm still a little too short for it.

Testing out my new Plasma Car from Uncle Zac and Aunt Desi.

Showing great-grandma my card.

Yay! More books!



No comments:

Post a Comment