It's been awhile since I've posted one of these....
After getting back in the car with Matt from running a quick errand (Beck and I were waiting in the car)
Kyle: Daddy, I'm thirsty. I want some water.
Matt: I'm sorry buddy, we forgot your cup. We'll be home in a few minutes and get you some.
Kyle: But Daddy, I can't wait a few minutes. I need a drink now. (insert super whiny, super tired voice)
Kicks the back of my chair.
Me: Please don't kick my chair.
Matt (driving): We'll be home soon and then you can have something to drink. I don't have anything in the car for you.
Kyle: I can't wait that long! I want a drink now!
Kicks the back of my chair.
Me: Kyle, stop kicking my chair!
Kick.
Matt (stopping the car in the middle of the road): Boy, do you want me to pull over the car and spank your bottom? Stop kicking mommy's chair!
Kyle: No. I want you to pull over the car and get me something to drink!
Chirp, chirp (crickets). Then uncontrollable laughter from me and Matt.
He did not get a spanking because he got major points for being so witty without even knowing it. Wittiness trumps spankings almost every time in this house.
He also still had to wait until we got home before he got something to drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment