
Oh by the way, that magnificent mountain is Mt. Ranier. And by the way, my aunt and uncle just have to go down to the water, which is in walking distance from their home, to see it! Lucky ducks!
So here's how the trip went. It was the bosses first time on a plane (obviously) and he did UH-MAZING! I was a little concerned (because I always need something to worry about), but he was pretty perfect on both flights. We bought him his own seat so we could strap him into his car seat on the plane. I know, I know, everyone thinks we are crazy for doing this because we could've just held him on our laps for FOUR HOURS and not spent the money on a seat. Uh-huh, right. Have you ever Mr. Wiggle E. Worm in your lap before? No? I'll let you try it sometime.
So on the flight to Seattle, Kyle slept for about 30 minutes after take off and was awake the rest of the time. He stayed in his seat most of the trip, but of course got antsy after awhile so Matt and I passed him back and forth trying to keep him occupied (ie, not hitting the bald guys head in front of us).
On the way home, he was awake the ENTIRE time. Boy, was that an adventure. Again, he stayed in his seat most of the time because we kept shoveling Cheerios in his mouth. Oh wait, he did actually sleep on that flight. How could I forget? Once the pilot turned the seat belt sign on for LANDING, Kyle nodded off. For the last 15 minutes of the flight. Yep. That's our boy!
Here he is sipping on some milk while flying over Colorado.

Like I said, we had a great time in Seattle. It's so pretty and there's so many things to do. Plus, Rosemary has an amazing vegetable garden that we all got to benefit from. There is nothing like homegrown green beans, wax beans, bush beans, strawberries, blueberries, red potatoes, yukon potatoes, chocolate cherry tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and squash. Whew! Did I miss anything?
Here's Matt with his bounty of yummy produce straight from the garden.


We took the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle, and went to the Pike Street Market and had fish and chips on the wharf. It's a fun day trip! Kyle really seemed to like being on the ferry with the (cold) wind in his hair.
On the ferry.
Setting sail...
Enjoying that fresh air!

Mt. Ranier from the ferry.
Getting a daily dose of fiber from the Starbucks sleeve. Thanks Aunt Desi!

A random fountain in downtown. The boy loves the water!

And he has the cutest smile ever!
First time on a carousel. Not sure what to think. He was gripping that pole with all his might!
Mommy and daddy may have had more fun than Kyle!

Tuckered after a big day in Seattle.

Down on the spit on Fox Island. Poor kid- I insisted we wake him up from his nap so we could walk around and get pictures. Not the best mommy decision I've ever made!

Chillaxin' on the couch.
Hangin' in the backyard with Aunt Rosemary. You don't need pants in that beautiful weather!

Meeting Great-Grandpa C for the first time!

The trip went by way too fast, but we're thankful that it all went smoothly and we were able to visit with family! Thanks Tom and Rosemary for letting us invade your home for a few days! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment