Sunday, January 16, 2011

Angel Fire Ski Trip

We took a family ski trip to Angel Fire the first of January. Overall, it was a great time. There was beautiful snow and we stayed in a really nice house.

However, Kyle got sick with a stomach virus (again!) the day we left and never really felt well the entire time. Poor guy was pretty miserable for most of the time. He spent most days in his jammies hanging out with me and Nini. Unfortunately, I caught a bit of the virus myself the last few days and felt just as miserable. I guess it wasn't that bad, though, because 1) I don't ski, so I wasn't missing much, and 2) we were staying in a house and not a hotel so it made being sick more manageable.  OK, I take it back...having a stomach virus is awful, awful, awful. Kyle and I have had it FIVE times in 12 months. Seriously, can't we catch a break??


Luckily, those who do snowboard or ski had a great few days on the slopes. Matt hadn't been snowboarding in about 7 years but he picked it back up with no problem! Miss Sydney went to ski school for a few hours and was skiing like a pro by the end of the day! I think her mom and Matt took her on a 'blue' on the last day! Ahh...to be 6 1/2 again and have no fear or inhibitions! We only had 1 major injury...Aunt Desi tore up her knee on the first day and has been in serious pain ever since. We're praying that it will heal on its own and she won't need another surgery! (SIT DOWN DESI!)

I didn't get too many pictures from the trip, but here are a few of the best.
Sledding with Daddy.

The expression on Kyle's face says it all!

Building a mini snowman.

Just my size.

Still feeling yucky. Please get the camera out of my face lady. 
Notice the driveway and how dry it is. This was Sunday.

And this was Monday morning after about 6-8 inches of snow. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment