Friday, March 4, 2011

iPhone Addicts Anonymous?

There is an iPhone addict in this house.

No, it's not me...half the time I don't even know where my iPhone is. It's not Matt either. It's a certain 2 year old whose second demand request every morning after, "Want some chawk-wat milk," is "Play game on mommy/daddy's phone." Seriously, this kid is an addict. He'd play with our phones all day if we let him.

We can't keep up with the games for him either. We're pretty stingy on buying games...we usually just download all the free ones, but he masters them in less than a day, then demands requests new ones. He's actually been known to get mad and dissolve into tears if we don't buy him a new game on the spot. Oh, brother.

I guess this is his 'thing.' Some kids his age want to watch tv all day, our kid wants to play iPhone games. It's all the same, I suppose. 

Would it be totally unreasonable to just get him a refurbished iPod touch? I'm only kind of kidding. Our MobiGo idea didn't work...he's mastered all the games and is bored. But MobiGo games are $20 each. So by the time we've bought the MobiGo and 4-5 games, we might as well just buy a stupid iPod touch.

Did I really just try to justify the idea of buying a TWO YEAR OLD an iPod?

These antibiotics I'm on must be messing with my brain.



No comments:

Post a Comment