Sunday, April 21, 2013

Grown Up Getaway

So right after Tom and Rosemary left, I dropped the boys off with Annette so they could stay in LA for a few days while Matt and I went to Austin for a concert!

Matt and I rarely get to do anything that doesn't involve snacks, diapers, sippy cups, snotty noses, pacifiers, Curious George, sleepless nights....you get the idea!

With the kids having fun in the country, we made a getaway to Austin to see one of our favorite groups, Sigur Ros. Who? Yeah, you've probably never heard of them if you listen to the radio. They're not mainstream. In fact, their genre is ambient, or dream pop, or ethereal. If you're open to different music, you should definitely check them out. They're from Iceland so you can't understand a word they're saying, but it still sounds amazing.

They are so unlike anything I've ever heard. Their songs are a minimum of 6 minutes, sometimes up to 15 minutes! The lead singer plays his Les Paul guitar with a cello bow. They use a wide variety of instruments that really clash, but somehow also work together for a really cool sound.

Matt was able to get us floor seats so we were 10 rows back! I was like a little kid when I saw where we were sitting! This is the 2nd time we've seen them and they didn't disappoint!

We stayed at the Lakeway Resort and Spa which sits right on Lake Travis, or what's left of Lake Travis. The lake is about 35 feet below normal so it's not very pretty right now. But the hotel is super nice and unique.

It was a very quick trip there and back, but a MUCH NEEDED getaway from the everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment