What I'm about to write is probably very vain, but whatever. If you've never been pregnant, then you have no idea what I'm talking about and may just want to skip this post. I just started my third trimester and I'm already wishing for the good old days of the second trimester!
Woe #1- My feet hurt.
Ow, ow, ow. I'm a barefoot kind of girl. Yes, barefoot and pregnant kind of girl. Not anymore. I have to wear shoes all the time. I've almost resorted to wearing my running shoes all the time...even if I'm wearing a cute summer dress. Just for the sake of comfort. Good grief, am I really becoming a mom??
Also, my feet have grown half a size. Seriously? Nobody told me about this. Not only have they grown in length but now they've gotten wider. Yuck.
Woe #2- I have pregnancy stupids or ADD or something.
I can't concentrate on anything. I start a task, like making a sandwich, and then decide to go check my email or take out the trash during the middle or making my sandwich. I wander around the house aimlessly and get nothing done.
Woe #3- Strangers + Opinions = Rude!
Why is it that strangers think they must comment on how I look or tell me horror stories about pregnancy? Especially WOMEN who've already had children! Did they forget what it was like being pregnant? Sometimes I'm totally appalled at people. Just the other day at the dog park, some lady about fell to the ground in disbelief when I told her that I'm 7 months along. She just knew I was headed to the hospital any minute because I look like I'm about to pop. Luckily Matt saw the look on my face and quickly told me that yes, I look pregnant, but no I certainly don't look like I'm going to have a baby at any second. That lady is lucky I wasn't having one of my emotional crying days or she'd really be sorry.
Woe #4- Aahhh, sleep. Yeah, right!
Everyone has been telling me, "Oh you're so lucky you're not working right now. Take it easy and get as much sleep as you can." Huh? Sleep? Folks, I haven't slept since the beginning of my 2nd trimester. It's awful. I have a great body pillow but it's not working all that well. My hips and shoulders hurt from sleeping on my side all the time and I wake up at about 4am every morning. But I can look at it as God preparing me for what's to come, right?
Thanks for letting me vent!
No comments:
Post a Comment