Thursday, November 13, 2008

Functional, but not quite finished

So here is what the laundry room/pantry looks like now. I'm so in love with my new shelving! Well it's not new...it's been sitting in our dining room since I bought it in June.
Our washer and dryer are now stacked and we'll be putting more shelving to the left of them for detergent, cleaning products, etc. Can you see how much more space efficient this is going to be?

Unfortunately, the yahoo's that plumbed this house did some wonky work and we currently only have hot water for the washer. It's fine temporarily, but the washer gripes at me when it wants to rinse in cold.

And here is my, I mean our, new sink and concrete counter top. I know it's not much to look at now, but once we stain the counter and get the faucet installed it's going to be perfection. We'll be able to bathe the dogs in here! No more stooping over in the shower. Good grief, I sound so old!

Obviously there is a lot more work to be done...like texturing over the hideous pink and blue wallpaper, painting and installing the shelving. It's coming along though and I'm totally on cloud 9 about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment