Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A work in progress

This past weekend was so busy! My brother and his wife came down to help us do some DIY home improvement projects. Our laundry room was a total waste of space so we decided to fix it up. Here's the before picture. You can see that it was really just a laundry/pantry hallway. Totally useless. There was a utility sink in front of the dryer but I couldn't use it because 1. it was too small, 2. it was just a sink cabinet with no counter space and 3. it was about 2 feet from the dryer which made it very difficult to unload laundry.

Disclaimer: The use of 'we' really means Matt and Zac. Desi and I had nothing to do with the construction. :)
So we knocked out the closet, turned the sink cabinet 45 degrees and added a concrete counter top. We then took out the useless cabinets above the washer and dryer so we could stack the units.

So here's a before pic of the 'room.'

















And here's Zac tearing out the closet.

Of course this project took much longer than I anticipated. I have a tendency to think, "Oh just knock out a wall and move everything over. It should take a few hours." Haha. I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to home improvement projects.







It's almost done; there were a few mishaps along the way, but it's really taking shape and it's going to be just what I wanted once it's finished!

A HUGE thank you to Zac for doing all this work!

Here are a few more in progress pictures...






Zac installing the concrete countertop.










Matt and Zac tearing out the cabinets.


















No more cabinets that I can't reach!

















More photos coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment