I'd give you his stats for height and head circumference, but I lost the sheet. I do know that he weighs almost 17lbs! Chunky monkey!
Dr. Terk said we can let him sleep on his tummy now. Hip, hip hooray! This was a big deal for us. We'd been keeping him on his back and Kyle did not like it one bit. He had a hard time sleeping through the night on his back which meant Matt and I paid for it! :) Now that he's able to sleep how he wants, we're all getting more rest!
Kyle is now eating solid foods. He's tried applesauce, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, spinach and oatmeal. He gets so excited when he sees his special bowl and spoon filled with yummy food. He leans forward in his chair and starts bouncing up and down in anticipation while making all kinds of noise.
Here's what we know about Kyle at six months...
Likes
- Bath time, especially now that he can sit up and splish splash on his own!
- Swimming at the local pool. They have a great area for babies that's only 6 inches deep. He loves it!
- Eating real food, especially sweet potatoes. Yum, yum!
- Playing with his noisiest toys, especially the Sesame Street piano from our neighbor (Thanks Jean Anne!)
- Finally being able to sleep on his tummy! He learned to roll from his tummy to his back about two weeks ago. Yay!
- Going on long walks on pretty days
- Swinging at the park and on his new swing at home
- Jumping like crazy in his exersaucer
- Saying hello to his smiling monkey on his wall
- Standing up on his own while leaning against the ottoman. Such a big boy!
- Putting anything and everything into his mouth
- Smiling at the camera. Maybe he figures he better get used to it since mommy has it out all the time. :)
- Loving on the dogs. He gets the biggest smile on his face when he sees them and loves to pet them!
Dislikes
- Sleep of any kind. Apparently, sleeping is for people with nothing better to do
- Not giving him his bottle when he gives you .5 seconds warning
- Rice cereal. He won't eat it unless it's mixed with something yummy like applesauce. I can't blame him though, I tried it plain and it is disgusting!
Testing out my new swim diaper. Wait, this doesn't belong on my head?
Just being stinking adorable...

More cuteness...
I'm gonna get you Lewie!
I don't need your help daddy. I'm a big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment