Kyle and I met some friends at the Indoor Safari Park today. It was our first time there. He had a really good time, but it's kinda expensive for an 18 month old. I'm not really sure if we got our money's worth out of it, but we'll probably go back every now and then.
I took this video of him going down a slide all by himself. This child is fearless. First of all, he didn't want or need my help with the slide. Secondly, he climbed up the big kids ladder-thing alone, then stood at the top with his arms outstretched like he was going to jump back down! If you go to the home page of the Safari Park site and look at the picture on the right, then look at the yellow netted area with the slide...well that's what he climbed up on. It's only about six or seven feet high. He also got on the trampoline with our friend Tatum and jumped around with no problem. I wish I'd had my camera in hand while he was doing all this dare-devil stuff!
I took him to the official toddler area that has lower climbing blocks and is much easier on Mommy's anxiety, but he wanted none of it. He just threw himself on the floor and started to yell. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment