I've been really unmotivated to update this blog lately. Could it possibly be because over the past week, we've had two sickies in the house who haven't been sleeping well? Poor Matt and Kyle both had strep last week. Matt had it the worst...high fever, chills, sore throat, etc. But we didn't even know Kyle was sick until Friday when I decided to take him in to get checked out just in case. He'd been his usual fun, happy self (minus the night time sleeping) so we didn't think anything was wrong. Note to self: when Kyle wants to get up between 4:30-5am everyday, he's probably not feeling well.
Thankfully, they're both on the mend, which will hopefully mean more sleep for ME!
So here's what been going on in the world of Kyle. It must of been the fresh country air that set off his little brain activity while he was on vacation at Nini's. Ever since he got home, he's been...well just a smarty pants! He's beginning to say words without being asked, he's starting to try to mimic things we say, his gross motor coordination is rapidly accelerating, he's showing major signs of selective hearing when it comes to mommy disciplining him, he loves to help clean, cook, etc...
He's added new words to his vocabulary:
Banana (naaaa-na!)
Silly (see-eee)
Puppy (puhh)
Tree (teee)
Car (cah)
Outside (ow-sy)
He's definitely able to see pictures in books and then point them out and say the word in real life. He always points out apples and when we go on walks he shows me every car.
Today I said, "You're being silly!" and he said, "I see-eee!"
He's also figured out how to climb on to the couches and ottoman. However, he thinks he needs to stand on them. Big no-no in our house! That concrete floor is no match for his noggin.
He LOVES the water...bath time, pool time, puddle time...any time he can splash he's happy.
He really likes to help me vacuum, unload the dishwasher, 'cook' with his spoons, hand me clothes to be folded.
He is eating more 'big boy' foods now. By that, I mean we're giving him whole pieces of certain foods for him to hold and eat on his own. And he's starting to use his utensils on his own. We've noticed that if he refuses to eat some foods, it's usually because we've cut it up too small or are trying to feed it to him. Pretty soon he's going to be telling us, "I do it!"
He loves to eat. I feel like I feed him every hour.
He loves:
Graham crackers (or any 'cookie')
All fruits
Yogurt
Cheese
Bread
Spaghetti
Cream cheese
(Do you see a carb pattern here?)
He hates:
All veggies
Most meats
We can't get a veggie in the boy, even when we cleverly hide it. He has an amazing veggie radar.
His strong will is still developing. No public tantrums...yet. But they're coming. He's thrown himself on the floor here a few times, but about 90% of the time it's because he's exhausted. Oh, and when he starts kicking the dogs, spinning in circles or alternating between hysterical laughter and crying, that's another sure sign of exhaustion. :)
He's a bear at the grocery store. Not that I can blame him...I despise the grocery store. But he gets fussy about .25 seconds into it while totally distracts me. So I rush through and end up forgetting half of what I came for!
All that said, he's still the same sweet, cuddly, hilarious, adorable kiddo ever! He is such a joy in our lives!
Here are a bunch of pictures from the past few weeks documenting his activities...
Scribble-scrabble time.
I love hiding in places I'm not supposed to!
I can do it myself!
First swim of the year.
I love to help Mommy unload the dishwasher. Don't worry, she takes out the sharp stuff first.
Making cookies on my Learning Tower. This thing has saved Mommy's sanity!



No comments:
Post a Comment