Saturday, June 18, 2011

Louisiana Trip

Last week while Matt was "working" in Las Vegas, Kyle and I took a road trip to Nini's house in Louisiana so we could visit everyone and just hang out and relax.  I was a little nervous about being really pregnant and driving 3.5 hours out there with a rowdy toddler and two rowdy dogs. But thankfully, I was able to drive straight through because Kyle tuckered himself out from singing at about hour 2.

While we were there, we did a whole lot of swimming, playing with cousin Sydney, terrorizing the cats, riding the mule (which is actually a motorized vehicle of sorts, not an actual mule. i was very confused when Annette told me they bought a mule!). Matt was able to drive out when he got back from Vegas and join in on the fun too.

Anyway, while we were there Annette and I took Kyle and Sydney to Gators and Friends, " where you and your family can watch in amazement as giant alligators feed, wrestle and swim! These remarkable creatures will alternately awe and scare you as you view them in their natural habitat"  Annette and I had no interest in showing either child what an alligator does when it's feeding time, even though I think Sydney has seen it before. We just went because they have a cute little petting zoo with lots of deer, goats, miniature horses, bulls and a camel.

Of course, it was unbearably hot and humid but the kiddos had fun at least for the first 30 min or so. Then Kyle got hot, tired, and cranky and decided he might try his first public temper tantrum. Poor kid was so wiped out that he just sat down on the ground and wouldn't walk. But when he would get up, he'd run away as fast as he could so I would chase him down. Finally, I had to carry him to the car while he was protesting loudly for everyone to hear. Fun times! All in all, I think they both enjoyed it.

Here are the pics I got from the adventure.









No comments:

Post a Comment