Saturday, June 4, 2011

We Have a Licker on Our Hands

OK, so I'm not a freak germaphobe or anything...I can handle some dirt and grime, I don't run after Matt and Kyle with hand sanitizer for fear of contamination, but I do have my germ limits. And our sweet little boy is pushing those limits.

First of all, isn't the fascination of putting EVERYTHING in their mouths supposed to end at like 1 year? Maybe Kyle didn't get that memo. For the past month or so, the child has been putting every.single.thing he can find in his mouth. Some things I let go and just ignore...like eating dirt, licking his bubble wand, or licking the windows. Yeah, I know it's gross, but whatever. It's all about picking my battles and a little dirt from the backyard just doesn't bother me that much.

What really freaks me out is when he does something like this:
  • Enter Jason's Deli one evening for a healthy dinner with the fam.
  • Immediately walk up to the first dirty table in sight.
  • Lean forward and proceed to lick the dirty table and try to lick the dirty, disgusting, filthy dishes left over from the previous customers. 
OH.MY.GOSH. I seriously about tackled him to the ground trying to get him and his mouth away from that...nastiness. I'm sure everyone in the place heard Matt and I yelling as loud as we could, "No! Stop! Kyle stop!" Oh, I still cringe when I think about it! What in the world was he thinking?

Any suggestions on how to get the boy to stop licking everything or putting anything he can find in mouth? Will it end soon? Do I have to keep him from the public until he stops? I don't want him to start randomly licking strangers at Target or something. Sheesh.


Me? I'm innocent!

No comments:

Post a Comment