Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baby Beckham has Arrived!

Beckham Ryan Allen was born on August 12 at 2:09pm!  He weighed in at 7lbs 3oz and 20 1/2in.

We scheduled an induction for his due date, which also happened to be our 6 year anniversary! What a great birthday/anniversary!

My delivery experience with Beck was just perfect....meaning I felt I had just a teeny tiny bit of control. I know in reality I didn't, but it makes me feel better to think I did! :)

We got to the hospital at 7am and they started the pitocin IV a little before 8am. I slowly dilated throughout the morning, then around 1pm the epidural started wearing off and my contractions were unbearable. So they gave me another round of medicine and by then it was time to get rolling! I think I pushed like 4-5 times and he came right out just as cute as can be! I think he looks a lot like Kyle, with darker hair.

These pictures are all from right after he was born. I'll post more later. This past week has been a huge blur trying to get settled at home. Kyle is doing great with the new addition. He's mostly indifferent to Beck, which is certainly better than being jealous! But Kyle does love to help me change diapers, give sponge baths, or give Beck his 'night-night.' He's a super big brother! Unfortunately, he's so indifferent to Beck, that he won't let me get a picture of the two of them together. :)

Me at 40 weeks exactly! Love the classy gown.

Seconds after he was born they plopped him right on me. So sweet!



Proud daddy

Aunt Kelly and cousin Sydney

She's so happy Beckham is finally here!

Meeting Great Grandma

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your family! Love the picture of Beck with your grandmother. Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet boys together...babies are so fun! Love his name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Allen Family!! Great work Jessica! Please let me know when you are ready for a visit. Such a beautiful, blessed and precious family you guys have! Can't wait to meet the little guy! (I would have come to visit at the hospital - but was fighting off an upper-respiratory infection.)

    Your friend,

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little Beck is BEAUTIFUL! Such a precious boy! I hope to meet him at MOPS some day :-) Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete