Kyle is one witty little dude. For a three year old, he says some pretty funny things. Some of them are appropriately funny, while others...well, they're funny but not said at the appropriate times.
Matt: Kyle, stop kicking Sydney's chair.
Kyle: I'm just doing my exercises.
After telling Kyle too many times to stop kicking the back of Matt's seat in the car...
Matt: Kyle, if you don't stop kicking my chair I'm going to spank you.
Kyle: You can't reach me.
(I had to put my hand over my mouth in order not to burst out laughing. Then Kyle and I both got in trouble for being smart.)
Nini: Hi punkin!
Kyle: I'm not a punkin.
Nini: Well, what are you?
Kyle: I'm a man!
After a LONG day of driving home from Louisiana, we were getting back in the car after a dinner stop and Kyle was taking his sweet time getting into his carseat. I was hot, tired, and irritable so we had the following conversation:
Me: Kyle, please get in your seat. Mommy is tired and hot, and I just want to sit down.
Kyle (in a very familiar sounding, somewhat sassy and sarcastic tone): Well, go sit down then!
At dinner one evening, Matt had broken a glass and told us to be careful so we didn't get cut.
Kyle: Daddy, when you broke that glass did you say dammit?
Matt: No buddy. Dammit is a yucky word and we don't say that. I said, "Oh shoot. But I could've said, "Oh crabs, because that's an ok word to say."
Kyle: Well, that's not what mommy said earlier when I was in the car. She said dammit when she got frustrated with me.
BUSTED.
After I placed a drink order at Sonic:
"Mommy, was that God in the speaker?"
Kyle: This is Chris Tomlin.
Matt: Chris Tomlin is a good singer. Maybe when you're 5 you'll be a good singer too.
Kyle: Daddy, I'm a good singer now.
Kyle: I just used the bathroom daddy. It's stinky in there so you'll have to go upstairs.
We LOVE this little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment