Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weekly Checkups and 37 Weeks

We are full term now! Hooray! Now, if the little turkey would just make his way into the world, I'd be one happy camper.

I had my appointment today and here are the stats...
Dilation: 1cm
Position: Head waaaay down
What does all this mean?  We could have a new baby tonight, or next week, or on August 12th. I have no idea when I'm going into labor. Beck and I will try to work around everyone's schedule though...I've been getting a lot of requests lately. :)
My Fear Factor of Getting to the Hospital in Time to Have an Epidural (1-10): 7



How far along?: 37 weeks.


How big is baby: He weighs nearly 6.5 pounds now and measures about 19-20 inches.

Weight gain/loss: +28 lbs total

Pregnancy symptoms: Short of breath, forgetful, leg cramps, I waddle when I walk...Luckily, two of the worst symptoms I had at this time with Kyle, I'm not having now. With Kyle, my feet were really swollen and grew a half size and I had some major carpal tunnel problems. None of that this time around, thank goodness!

Sleep: I'm on a weird sleep cycle. I wake up about 7am with tons of energy, I wilt from about noon-7pm, then I get super energized around 10pm and can't go to sleep until 1 or 2am. Sigh.
 
Best moment this week: Beck and I are slowly making progress towards his birth. I probably would've cried at the doctor today if she told me that I hadn't progressed at all.
 
Movement: Still constantly moving. My stomach looks like an alien is trying to bust through. It can be a little creepy at times!
 
Food cravings: Fruit, chocolate, ice cold water, and soda. I'm not a soda drinker in general so I sure hope this craving goes away after Beck arrives. 

Food aversions: Nothing.

Labor signs: 20-30 Braxton Hicks contractions every day.  Some cramping but nothing to get excited about. 

What I miss: Wearing clothes that have a real zipper and button. 





No comments:

Post a Comment