I don't know about you, but I get worried about how many toxic chemicals are in our home. We have two small kids that are in to everything. And I get concerned with using the 'mainstream' cleaning products that have all those scary warning labels on them. We have them locked up, but I admit there are times when we get distracted and leave a bottle of 409 or Windex on the counter. And guess who picks it up and wants to start spraying it?
Not only do I get concerned about accidentally leaving a bottle of cleaner in reach of the boys, but I always wonder what in the heck is in these cleaners? Especially the ones that tend to burn my nose, or leave a bit of a film on the counter, or have labels that read, "Do not come in contact with skin. Wear gloves." To me, that's kinda scary. It must be pretty toxic to have that kind of a warning!
So that leads me to Shaklee. Have you heard of this company? They've been around for a very long time. About 50 years. Shaklee is a natural nutrition company that specializes in keeping things 'green.' They sell vitamins, weight loss products, home cleaning products, baby care products, and skin and hair care products.
And here are the main reasons I like their products and philosophy:
We start with nature. Shaklee scientists search the world over to source the finest natural ingredients. Then we conduct over 350 tests on every single new botanical ingredient for heavy metals, pesticides, or any of hundreds of other harmful contaminants. And we continue to conduct over 80,000 quality tests annually to guarantee the purity and safety of each and every product.
That's why we are absolutely sure of this: Every Shaklee product is 100% safe to use. Guaranteed.
And here is a list of things that are NOT in their products. Most of the cleaning products you buy at the store have these chemicals/toxins in them. Gross. I've put links on some of these chemicals so you can see what they really are.
- NO Parabens
- NO Triclosan
- NO Phthalates
- NO Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- NO Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES)
- NO 1,4-Dioxane
- NO Propylene Glycol
- NO Volatile Organic Cleaning Compounds (VOCs)
- NO Hydrochloric Acid
- NO Ammonia
- NO Sodium Hydroxide
- NO Butyl Cellosolve
- NO Formaldehyde
- NO Bisphenol-A
- NO Petroleum Distillates
- NO Toluene
- NO Chlorine Bleach
- NO MSG
- NO Dyes
- NO Trans Fats
- NO Artificial Sweeteners
- NO Toxic Inks
- NO Banned Substances
~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~
So why am I telling you about Shaklee? Well, after many months (think six months) of reading up on Shaklee, looking at their product information, and finally trying their products, I've decided to become a Shaklee distributor. As a distributor, I'm a 'small business' that can sell their products to YOU! Yay!
Right now, I'm just focusing on their cleaning products, but I plan to try their vitamins and baby products soon, too. So far, I really like the Healthy Home products and here's why. They're non-toxic, they don't burn my nose and eyes, Kyle can help clean and I don't have to worry about him getting the cleaner in his mouth, and it's cost effective. I have a 16 oz bottle of the Get Clean Basic H2, which is a concentrated cleaner. That 16 oz bottle will make 48 gallons of cleaning product for less than $15! It costs me about $4 per 16 oz bottle of 409 at the store. So not only is it green and non-toxic, but it's cheaper than the other stuff!
OK, so I've given you my thoughts on Shaklee so far. If you want to learn more about the company and their products, go to Shaklee.com. If you want to shop, go here. If you have any questions for me call, text, or email. And if you want to buy anything, please let me know and I'll get an order for you!
P.S.: I promise not to call, email, text, or Facebook you relentlessly about Shaklee and try to get you to buy from me. But I plan to update my this blog with my thoughts and opinions about their products. So I you don't want to read it, just skip it and go straight to the cute pics of our boys. :) And just to let you know, I plan on doing some blog posts about eating 'clean' in our family.
P.P.S.: I also promise that while I'm making green efforts in our home, I am in no way becoming a left-coast lunatic who is going to start eating vegan and tying myself to trees. Don't worry folks. I haven't gone off the deep end yet. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment