Friday, February 4, 2011

13 Weeks

How far along?: 13 weeks!


How big is baby: About the size of a peach. 
Weight gain/loss: 0 lbs.

Pregnancy symptoms: Still exhausted. Emotion overload. I cried watching American Idol last night. Seriously. 

Maternity clothes: Still in my regular clothes, but I use my Bella Band for my skinny jeans or when I want to eat an excessive amount of junk food.   
Sleep: Sleep? I haven't had sleep since my 2nd trimester with Kyle! 

Best moment this week: Realizing that the 1st trimester is almost over!
 
Movement: Nothing yet. 
 
Food cravings: Dr. Pepper and iced tea. I'm not a big soda drinker...maybe 1 per week, but I've been craving it big time lately. It's probably because I really need a caffeine IV to stay awake during the day.  Candy - sweet/sour candy like Skittles.

Food aversions: Still no coffee. Sometimes I wish Matt wouldn't even brew it at home. The smell turns my stomach.

Labor signs: None
What I miss: Wine (still). I should get over it. I've got another 9-12 months without it.

What I am looking forward to: Actually looking pregnant instead of looking like I need to lose 5lbs. Vanity, vanity...I know!
 
Milestones: That big old noggin is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, the body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of his/her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in the arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction. And because she/he can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she/he may be able to get his/her thumb into his/her mouth. 


13 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment