OK, so that's a tiny exaggeration, but good grief it feels like we're prisoners here. We got the annual 'arctic blast' here in north TX which amounted to 'thunder-sleet' (huh?), which then turned to a bit of snow and below freezing temps for the past 48 hours. So the roads are treacherous, nothing is open, it's too cold and windy to go outside for some fresh air, and we are stuck in the house with a bored toddler, two bored adults, and two neurotic dogs.
I love a good snow day or two every year, but this is ridiculous. Get above freezing and melt the ice already! Or, how about the city get off their hineys and put some sand on the major roads here in town so that we can actually go somewhere!
So north TX has been shut down for the past two days and now we have word that it will be shut down tomorrow as well. Makes sense I guess seeing how the high tomorrow is only going to be 25 and nothing is going to melt.
Thanks for letting me vent. I've obviously been stuck inside too long with nothing to do except try to entertain Kyle and keep him out of Matt's hair while he's working. Not an easy job...not at all.
I'll leave you with this cute picture of Kyle's excellent hiding place from Matt. They have a cute game that involves Kyle running and Matt saying, "I'm gonna get you!" Kyle runs to the laundry room and 'hides' in the laundry basket. Can you find him?
![]() |
| If I hide my face and close my eyes, you can't see me, right? |

No comments:
Post a Comment