Sunday, May 29, 2011

29 Weeks!

How far along?: 29 weeks. I'm in the third trimester now. Oh.My.Goodness. It's going by too fast.


How big is baby: He weighs nearly three pounds now and measures about 17 inches.

Weight gain/loss: +18 lbs total (I need to slow down on the snacking for sure!)

Pregnancy symptoms: Where do I start? Let's see...I always forget about my belly so I'm forever bumping into things, I can't remember a task for more than 30 seconds, I drop everything at least twice, I get heartburn from just looking at food, my fingers are swelling, I'm hot all the time (poor Matt and Kyle have to wear long jammy pants to bed and sleep with 3 blankets because I crank the a/c down so much), 

Sleep: It's not too bad. If Kyle would consistently sleep through the night, then I could sleep through the night. Hint, hint little man.  
Best moment this week: The 1 night Kyle slept through the night was a huge deal.
 
Movement: I seriously think this child moves more than Kyle did if that is even remotely possible. He doesn't stop partying!
 
Food cravings: Nothing in particular this week. 

Food aversions: Nothing.

Labor signs: I guess I'm having Braxton Hicks...I don't know though. The Braxton Hicks I had with Kyle were much different...not painful and my stomach would just get really tight. This time around, I have cramping that comes and goes all day long. I asked my dr about it and she said as long as it's not consistent cramping (like 8 min apart for an hour) then it's fine and completely normal.

What I miss: It's been a rough week over here so I'm full of complaints. Here's what I miss: having a waist, being able to just sit up in bed without having to make a big show of rolling over and heaving myself up, Zumba classes, being able to bend over without feeling like my head is going to explode.

Milestones:  Though he's getting pretty close to her birth length, he still has to chub out a bit. In fact, over the next 11 weeks, he'll more than double — or even come close to tripling — his weight. And as he grows and the room in your womb gets tighter, you'll be less likely to feel those big kicks and more likely to get poked by an elbow or jabbed by a knee.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe this is going so FAST!!! :) I just want to say my sister-in-law and I were just discussing how we think braxton hicks are much worse with your second kid. What you described is exactly what we described. Rather than just the hardening with Kid #1, there was crampy pain associated with the EVERY.TIME. Just our completely unprofessional opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are pregnant??? That is so exciting! Congrats! You are so adorable pregnant, you skinny thing.

    ReplyDelete