Friday, May 13, 2011

Watercolor Paints

I introduced Kyle to his first set of watercolor paints the other day. Boy, did he have fun! Why? Because he could make a mess, whether intentional or not. But in Kyle's case, the mess is usually intentional. :) He was really cute with his paints because he didn't quite 'get' how to do it.

His painting technique was:
  1. Put paint on brush
  2. Dip brush in water
  3. Wipe brush (with no paint on it) on the paper
Of course, the control freak in me tried to get him to do it 'right' but after a few attempts, I decided I should just let it go. He was having fun so what should I care about him doing it the correct way or not?

Now, every morning he asks me, "Should we paint, Mommy?" How can you resist that sweet little voice asking so nicely?!



No comments:

Post a Comment